The Center of Excellence has some great publications that can be used with youth who are making career pathway decisions – or for adults retraining into new careers. Order them now so that you can be up on careers in aerospace and advanced manufacturing to share with students in the fall. There are job opportunities with great growth potential in Washington!
A comprehensive 70+ page book covering the following topics:
- Washington State Centers of Excellence
- Why careers in aerospace and advanced manufacturing
- Career options and pay
- Veterans and women in these careers
- High school and skills center options
- Career and technical education classes
- 4-year degree options
- Short-term certificates
- I-Best and WorkReady Washington information
- Related colleges by region
- Industry and trade organizations
Career Wheel Poster
Hang this poster in cafeterias, counseling offices, classrooms and more.
Detail about wages, job descriptions and education is provided regarding the following jobs:
- Welders, cutters, solderers & brazers
- Aircraft mechanics & service technicians
- Aircraft assemblers
- Composites/Laminators & fabricators
- ElectroMechanical technicians
- Computer controlled machine tool operation
- Aviation inspectors
This handy little book is a great introduction to career pathway options in aerospace and advanced manufacturing in Washington. Quick for parents, kids and counselors to review. It might inspire some great conversations!