Recent Community College Graduates Matrix
From Aerospace and Advanced Manufacturing Programs
This tool is meant to make hiring easier for Washington’s aerospace and advanced manufacturing companies.
This is an ongoing list of Washington’s community and technical colleges that have aerospace and advanced manufacturing programs. Each listing details credits, program descriptions, skill sets (as taught in each program), contact information, and graduation dates.
Aerospace and advanced manufacturing industry companies can contact the community and technical college nearest to them and speak directly to an instructor about graduating students.
Looking to change careers and need training?
Use this system to check out colleges and programs near you.
Back to List
Composites Technology Recycling
Short Term Certificate
Peninsula College’s Composites Technology Recycling Short Term Certificate prepares students for jobs related to the recycling of composites materials and manufacturing. Students will learn the basics of composite materials, including thermoplastics and thermoset chemistries. Industries that utilize these occupations include composites manufacturing. Students that successfully complete the program will be equipped with skills to recycle composites waste and repurpose.
At completion of certificate, student will successfully:
- Identify common composite products.
- Demonstrate knowledge of composites terminology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of composite materials; their purpose, storage, lay-up, and curing cycle .
- Solve technical mathematical problems.
- Document technical abilities in written and verbal reports.
- Describe the current state of recycling, with an emphasis on advanced composites recycling.
- Identify thermoplastic and thermoset chemistries, and the methods and challenges faced in recycling each .
- Utilize the sources of scrap in composites recycling, from raw materials to product end-of-life.
- Differentiate the concepts of down cycling, design for recycling, scrap minimization, and life cycle analysis.
- Analyze and utilize the processes of sorting, quantifying and using composite scrap materials to create new goods.
More Programs at
Adv. Manufacturing - Composites Technology AAS
Composites Technology CNC Machining & Programming
1502 E Lauridsen Blvd
Port Angeles, WA 98362