By Jennifer Ferrero, APR
Marketing & Communications Consultant
Center of Excellence for Aerospace and Advanced Manufacturing
Everett, WA 12/20/16 – Jobs in the aerospace and advanced manufacturing are plentiful in Washington state. The jobs are good-paying, career-based jobs. Some require as little at 9-months of training for full-time, competitive wages. Yet, there is still a stigma with regard to manufacturing jobs in this state.
Training support exists for the aerospace and advanced manufacturing industry at the state’s 34 Community and Technical Colleges. The Center of Excellence for Aerospace and Advanced Manufacturing (COE) is a partner with the community college system and aerospace and advanced manufacturing industry partners to ensure that partnerships exist – i.e. colleges offer programs that industry needs and industry hires graduates from the programs.
For this reason, the Center of Excellence continues to self-improve the use of technology to communicate and change behaviors. Today the COE launched a new website that will increase industry visibility in Washington for aerospace and advanced manufacturing.
Here are the highlights on the new website:
- Industry trends, where to find jobs and education in the most cutting-edge areas of the industry
- Aerospace and Advanced Manufacturing industry postings for Washington State only, searchable by an interactive map
- A searchable tool for industry to search for relevant college programs in their area, and therefore find and hire graduating students
- Improved inbound searchable content to inform decision-makers, job-seekers and business owners with regard to the newest information and success stories
- College promotional data about partner colleges in the state
- Grants and projects information regarding state and federal grants that the Center of Excellence is involved with or has partnered with other critical players in the state
This new website, and the corresponding newsletter for the COE, employs the best technology to inform, educate and incite action.
Please contact the COE with questions.