The Welder performs a variety of duties and utilizes multiple skillsets. Welders are required to follow detailed instructions and drawings carefully, have basic mechanical knowledge, manual dexterity, good eyesight and the ability to perform repetitive tasks. Welders are primarily responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding and fabrication of weldments, including cutting, grinding and finish welding operations.
The Welder position has three levels of competency to be determined by performance, certifications, and supervisor discretion:
Basic metal fabrication skills
Proficient in metal fabrication
Proficient in metal fabrication with JI Welding Certification and may have Metrology Certification
The following essential job functions are performed as a Welder:
- Attention to detail and quality is required
- Reads and understands blue prints, isometric drawings and work orders
- Receives and carries out directions from designated Supervisors and Production Leads
- Must be able to understand and comply with JI Safety Practices
- Identifies and obtains equipment, tools and materials needed to properly perform job function
- Knowledge and use of common hand tools and metal fabrication equipment
- Sets up scaffolding and safety barriers under direction
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly, FOD free condition
- Properly executes Hazardous Material Disposal activities
- Performs on the job training, AS9100, Nadcap training and other training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job.
U.S. PERSON STATUS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
Proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency may be required due to access to sensitive data and our coverage under EAR and ITAR regulations.
High School diploma or GED required, College level or trade school education preferred. One or more years of experience in related field may be substituted for education. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language. Experience in aircraft frame assembly/maintenance and/or painting would be a plus.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
Job duties may include one or more of the following:
Obtain JI Welding Certifications (as separate Certification)
Metrology, part leveling, fixturing, equipment handling, laser tracker, radar and targeting as well as Spatial Analyzer Operation (as a separate Certification)
Expert Competency in Metal Fabrication to exacting specifications and drawings
Accurate use of precision measuring instruments and working to exacting tolerances
Understanding of Math, Geometry and Trigonometry Skills
Janicki Certified, Overhead Crane, Forklift and Manlift Operation (as separate Certifications)
Compliance with 5S, AS9100 and Nadcap Standards and Practices
Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for an entire shift. Must be able to sit, stand, or crouch down for extended periods. Must be able to climb ladders and work platforms. Exposed to noise, dust, dirt, and paint fumes. Must be able to work under hot and cold conditions. Personal protective equipment (PPE), safety glasses and respirator will be required. Must be comfortable working within confined spaces and at various heights
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.