This position is responsible for directly interfacing and representing Janicki Industries sales efforts for assigned accounts and markets. You will interact with existing and potential new customers to understand expectations, develop and foster relationships. You will also participate with internal management, design, engineering, operations and suppliers to create compelling presentations and proposals communicating the solutions and total value that Janicki Industries can offer. Incumbent must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment while effectively managing shifting priorities. Incumbent must be familiar with Janicki’s Executive Management policies and procedures and must rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Travel frequency of approximately once per month is expected.
- Customer Communication: Participates in timely and effective communication with existing and prospective customers
- Customer Focused: Participates in all levels of discussions to identify customer technical requirements and ensure that all reasonable expectations are met or exceeded
- Organization: Maintains excellent documentation regarding the information, requirements, expectations, and commitments of all parties participating in a customer’s project
- Professionalism: Maintains professional relationships with customers balancing friendliness with adherence to contractual obligations
- Teamwork: Works both individually and as part of a team to develop proposals and to generate sales. Promotes and fosters internal support across multiple departments. Serves as the Sales Focal on various project teams balancing the customer’s interests with the business objectives of Janicki Industries
- Estimation: Uses a variety of tools, research methods and data to develop estimates that are timely and support commercial objectives of both Janicki Industries and our customers. Reviews incoming quote requests (RFQ’s) to identify submission requirements, identify optimum engineered technical solution, and submit “best overall value” proposals to customers on their schedule.
- Project Management: Set up new projects with incoming data in project files. Analyzes both in-process and completed project costs, schedule variances, and resource utilization, to improve the effectiveness of future estimates
- Planning: Assists Sales Mgr with researching, analyzing, and developing sales strategies for multiple markets. Creates departmental sales tools and forecasting as assigned. Assists with creating and presenting reports for recurring meetings with Sales and Executive Management
- Creative Problem Solving: Finds ways to solve problems both inside and outside the company using a variety of tools, software, and hard work. Analyzes problems and uses critical thinking to find solutions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of your job
U.S. PERSON STATUS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION. PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY MAY BE REQUIRED DUE TO ACCESS TO SENSITIVE DATA AND OUR COVERAGE UNDER EAR AND ITAR REGULATIONS.
BACHELOR’S DEGREE OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
MUST BE PREPARED TO LEARN AND OPERATE ANY SOFTWARE PROGRAM THAT CAN HELP SOLVE A PROBLEM: This may include many types of productivity software, CAD Programs, Scheduling and ERP software. Must be comfortable with most forms of technology.
Office environment, occasional shop work, some travel required.
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.