Safely and effectively operate various machines within the manufacturing environment to produce a high quality product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reads and understands technical drawings, procedures, and industry standards.
• Operates all equipment according to manufacturer and safety requirements.
• Set up new and existing products and run products on all equipment in SMT area without assistance.
• Ability to load feeders and update component packages for rotation and steps as needed.
• Hand install parts as needed.
• Inspect boards during first article and during production. Including part polarities, presence, paste quality, etc.
• Performs routine daily/weekly machine maintenance.
• Meet time standards and provide feedback to management on process, tooling or other items needed to improve productivity and quality.
• Operates programmable quality control equipment.
• Ensures quality of all incoming & outgoing projects.
• Performs rework as necessary
• Performs other duties as assigned when needed.
• Responsible for managing priorities on the SMT line.
• Verifies that operators and feeder loaders are working on the correct assemblies per priorities.
• Identifies and implements approved process changes to increase productivity.
• Responsible for line through put, machine up time, and productivity of the SMT area.
• Monitors and fills out FAI reports for the SMT area.
• Works with Quality to identify any assembly defects and finds resoluting during run to reduce/eliminate defects in the SMT area.
• Creates/modifies machine programs and packages as needed.
• Understands when programs are to be split between machines. Manages this before orders hit the line to reduce down time and increase productivity.
• Run oven profiles and validate they are within specifications.
• Red-line and update docs as needed.
• Aid in maintenance/calibration of the SMT equipment.
• Reports to management if maintenance/calibrations are not being performed on time.
• Associate Degree in a science and technology related field, and/or 4 or more years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to use precision measuring devices. Including but not limited to meters, calipers, oscilloscope, meters, microscopes, tweezers, etc…
• Solid documentation, organization, and record keeping abilities.
• Demonstrates excellent customer service skills to internal staff.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Knowledge and ability to comprehend engineering drawings, schematics and diagrams.
• Knowledgeable of all manufacturing processes and procedures.
• Able to be self-supervised/self-disciplined.
• Demonstrates flexibility in work assignments.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple deadlines under pressure.
• Successfully meets daily reporting and documentation requirements.
• Effective communication skills, both written and oral in English.
• Demonstrates team oriented mind set.
• Flexible personality that can move between departments/job functions as needed.
• Firm understanding of the operation/programming/maintenance of SMT machines.
• Firm understanding of SMT processes including profiles, ESD, Package generation, etc…
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.