Qualitel is an Electronics Manufacturing Service (EMS) provider that specializes in high end, high reliability product applications. The company invests heavily in people and technology to stay at the forefront of this field. The goal of Qualitel is to help its employees achieve self-sufficient, healthy and secure lives.
- Achieve On-Time Delivery of Production CCA Work Order of 95% Service Level versus confirmed delivery date.
- Effectively utilizes ERP and other tools to clearly plan, create, and revise schedule, including tracking action items that have potential impact to schedule.
- Document and map current state of planning process from order confirmation to completion of work order
- Establish 3 KPI (Key Process Indictator) metrics to measure planning department effectiveness
- Communicates effectively and coordinates with department managers, supervisors and senior management on scheduling & planning information
- Help drive continuous Planning System improvements, including automation of planning tasks and delegation of lower level tasks to other employees.
POSITION SUMMARY: Senior Planner is responsible for executing the operations plan and schedule for the factory and operations. The Senior Planner is responsible for ensuring they are meeting the customers required dates by ensuring operational and material availability. The Senior Planner must work with Production Scheduler to ensure the operation schedule is met daily and materials are available. The Senior Planner is responsible for ensuring they are meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), meeting department expectations, and executing the operations plan. The Senior Planner is responsible for communicating capacity availability to Program Managers and ensuring work orders are loaded according capacity availability. The Master Scheduler needs to have a working knowledge on planning strategies, manufacturing models, and how planning effects the supply chain and operations. The Senior Planner works closely with Supply Chain, Operations, Program Management to ensure the factory is properly planned. They are a member in the execution of Lean and Kaizen efforts regarding operations, inventory, and material layout. The Senior Planner is responsible for the on time delivery of production parts and ensuring factory flow is optimized.
- Ability to create a level loaded schedule based on customer needs and capacity availability
- Ability to understand operations planning and the effects it has on the operations and tactical supply chain
- Have the ability to understand internal and external inputs that effect the master schedule
- Have the ability to build and execute a long term plan using data
- Have an understanding of how Push and Pull based supply chains effect planning
- Have an understanding of manufacturing principles
- Ability to meet Customer OTD
- Understand how planning effect inventory levels
- Ability to work cross functionally among different departments
- Ability to manage Planners issuing and manage WO’s according to the master schedule
- Ability to work with operations, program managers and tactical supply chain on planning issues
- Ability to find and execute process improvements within their job
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Ability to work independently and in a dynamic environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from an accredited college or university; plus a minimum of five years related experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have proven ability to work independently and exercise judgment with only general direction given. Candidate must be proficient in the following: ERP Purchasing System - PO Placement, RFQ Processing, Managing Queue's and Workflows Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project. Candidate must understand manufacturing processes and be able to well verse in negotiation with suppliers to identify opportunities for schedule improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.