This individual will devote their time to Research & Development (R&D) Credit Analysis. R&D Credit Analyst will participate in project planning, conduct interviews and analyze information to identify eligible Research & Development/Experimentation Tax Credit under Internal Revenue Code section 41, and prepare supporting R&D summary report documentation for projects that incur research and development costs.
- Work with Contracts personnel to ensure Intellectual Property (IP) ownership is identified within projects
- Work with Program and Project Management to prepare supporting R&D Project Qualifying Surveys and R&D Eligibility Templates to assess if projects qualify for R&D Credit where Janicki has IP ownership
- Work with Project Management and associated personnel to prepare supporting R&D Summary Report documentation
- Assist Accounting to collect product release information and follow up with Project managers for R&D Tax Credit
- Work with Accounting to analyze accounting information, preparing cost lead schedules and cost summary schedules for completing appropriate tax computations
- Initiate internal communication for direct interaction with Janicki Industries, Inc. President, regarding status of R&D tasks, relevant technical issues discovered, status of work load, expected due dates
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to effectively manage multiple projects in parallel
- Creative problem solving, critical thinking, strong technical writing and research skills
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Outstanding organization and project management skills
- Ability to take direction, and exercise sound judgment, tact and diplomacy
- At all times, shall demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of R&D credit methods, set goals and report status of initiatives to achieve the goals
- Keep up-to-date on current R&D credit practices and tax law I.R.C. §41 by consulting with
- Accounting and Legal departments
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job.
U.S. PERSON STATUS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY REQUIRED DUE TO ACCESS TO SENSITIVE DATA AND OUR COVERAGE UNDER EAR AND ITAR REGULATIONS.
Zero to (1) year of technical writing.
Experience in reading, editing and writing legal documents is a plus.
Experience in commercial, military and aerospace is a plus.
Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal) in the English language and strong computer skills including QA applications, word processing, spreadsheets (proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) and databases.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend
and, or evening work. May require travel within the US.
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.