Title: Quality Inspector – 2nd Shift
Job ID: 17698
Location: Sumner, WA
About the Opportunity:
Performs diversified and complex tasks associated with visual and dimensional inspection tasks, from first article through final inspection, required in the fabrication and development of composite components and assemblies, bonded parts and other miscellaneous accessories.
What you’ll do:
- Inspects purchased parts, subassemblies or finished product according to defined criteria.
- Inspects composite components and assemblies according to defined criteria.
- Verifies part locations, parallelism, height, angles and shapes using precision measuring equipment.
- Complies and audits company safety, environmental and continuous improvement policies
- Generates non-conforming material reports per customer specifications and company procedures
- Conducts and documents weekly audits to ensure basic system requirements are met.
- Maintains all controlled document files and test records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitors critical equipment, tooling and instrumentation to ensure proper operation and calibration.
- Reviews records/documentation for compliance to established procedures/Good Documentation Practices.
- Communicates assembly procedure accuracy to production, quality and engineering team members.
- Makes initial recommendations for possible corrective action to fellow value stream team members
- Participates in the construction and/or revision of standard work for the quality function, as needed.
- Participates in the development of inspection procedures, protocol and checklists, as needed.
- Works with all departments to improve quality of products and assist in translation of results.
- Accurately documents results of inspections and testing per program criteria
- Performs basic Problem Solving and support of continuous improvement activities.
- Effectively communicates non-conformances in writing and verbally.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required; technical school diploma preferred.
- Two or more years experience in hands-on manufacturing and/or quality inspection.
- Minimum of two (2) years in quality control preferred. Composite layup/assembly experience desired.
- 3+ years experience in Aerospace Production Operations.
- Reading engineering drawings, manufacturing sketches and customer specifications.
- Basic arithmetic (using decimals, etc.) to understand tolerance.
- Experience in hands-on manufacturing and/or quality inspection
- Manufacturing processes and operations.
- Documenting information for further evaluation.
- Presenting and delivering information effectively.
- Reading and following detailed work instructions.
- Making independent judgments and decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Operating a personal computer with proficiency in related technical and specialized software.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers, associates, departments, outside vendors, and other teams.
License and Certification Requirements:
1) Level I Inspector Qualification Examination
2) Vision and Hearing Testing