Headquartered in St. Augustine, FL, with offices and manufacturing facilities all around the globe, Carlisle Interconnect Technologies (CarlisleIT) is one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of high-performance wire, cable, and medical devices. We provide complete interconnect solutions to industries like Aerospace, Military & Defense Electronics, Space, Medical, Test & Measurement, and Industrial.
Our talented team of employees worldwide helps bring movies to your seat on airplanes, deliver mission-critical information from drones to the command office, transfer heart rhythm to paper, route communications from space, connect power to downhole oil drills, and get planes back in the air faster.
Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, inspection experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- No licenses or certifications required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals; write simple and routine business reports; verbally communicate effectively in a professional manner
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: To perform the job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear on the telephone and in person with individuals and groups. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to read and respond to documents in hard copy and electronic form. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Ability to measure accurately and record clear, concise data on internal and external documents
- Operates Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) equipment.
- Perform quality control inspections using microscopes and various other quality tools to make pass/fail decisions for attribute defects based on customer requirements / standards.
- Performs final inspection of products and materials using engineering drawings and Process Control Drawings as required. Completes final inspection reports and first article inspection reports as required.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Perform work on weekends and evenings as needed to meet applicable deadlines.
- Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures (EHS)
- Willingness to work in a flexible environment and is willing to be cross trained on multiple products and processes.
- Good communication skills with co-workers, engineering, and varying support personnel.
- Ability to execute tasks assigned with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency with computer usage especially Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook; accurate typing, 10-key and data entry skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is typically performed in an office environment and manufacturing facility, with a moderate noise level which includes some chemical exposure that is typical for a circuit production environment.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access orpotential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).