It is the responsibility of the Quality Engineer I to apply, maintain, monitor and control project quality requirements and standards for the manufacturing of products to ensure the product and captured data meets internal and external compliance requirements.
- Under Quality Management supervision, level II & III Quality Engineers mentorship, apply and maintain quality requirements and standards for manufacturing products
- Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing Quality Assurance and the customer under the supervision of Senior Manufacturing Engineer and level II & III Quality Engineers
- Under Quality Management supervision, level II & III Quality Engineers mentorship, promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports
- Review customers purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are met
- Complete Inspection Plans in conjunction with Project Planning and in coordination with Project Management under the supervision of Senior Manufacturing Engineer and level II & III Quality Engineers
- Under Quality Management supervision, level II & III Quality Engineers mentorship, verify compliance to codes, standards and customer contracts
- Under Quality Management supervision, level II & III Quality Engineers mentorship, perform in process and final inspections on customer ordered projects as necessary
- Under Quality Management supervision, level II & III Quality Engineers mentorship, complete and compile product deliverables including Certificates of Conformance, Tool Inspection Reports, AS9102 First Article and Delta Inspection Reports
Initiate, organize and monitor Corrective Actions, assist to evaluate and determine Root Cause and Corrective Action Plans
- Read and understand applicable ISO, AS, SAE, ASTM and similar quality and process standards
- Participate in internal and external quality audits, reporting results via QMS procedures
Initiate Non-Conformance Reports while ensuring accuracy of data and the process, including closure
- Serve as the Quality Assurance representative to the Materials Review Board (MRB)
- May compile, write and deliver training material on quality standards and activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN OR LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT FOR THIS POSITION
PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY REQUIRED DUE TO ACCESS TO SENSITIVE DATA AND OUR COVERAGE UNDER EAR AND ITAR REGULATIONS.
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering or equivalent (or Associate’s degree in these fields plus minimum 2 years industrial experience). Must have an understanding of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control and a basic understanding of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation. Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to constructively interact with managers, other departments, customers, sub-contractors and auditors. Must have strong computer skills including QA applications, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
Reasoning Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Ability to understand nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases and a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Practical application of Quality Assurance tenets a plus.
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.