With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of composite materials and industrial fabrics. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking a Production Supervisor for our Kent, WA, USA location. The successful candidate will provide coordination, scheduling and management of materials, personnel and equipment to optimize production. Organize, coordinate and lead the activities of production shift personnel. Assign responsibilities, develop and maintain schedules for the safe and efficient manufacture of high quality product at minimum cost. Monitors work area production schedule and employee productivity performance. Educate, coach and provide motivational opportunities to team members; remove barriers to assure individual and group success and completion of all goals. Manage non-manufacturing personnel during off shift coverage (lab personnel, maintenance, etc.).
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
Directly supervise hourly employees in area of responsibility. Train, plan, assign, and direct work in accordance with applicable policies and laws. Monitor area production schedule and productivity.
Provide leadership through active participation in the development of employees and enhancement of a positive work environment. Establish an atmosphere of teamwork to assure the success of the team and the business.
Establish and maintain a professional and consistent work environment to help ensure Hexcel Kent remains a viable and healthy facility that provides a work environment that recognizes and rewards employees for their active engagement in the business and provides growth opportunities for employees. Work to achieve “employer of choice” recognition.
Support the Safety Management System as outlined in the Safety Program. This includes specific initiatives such as being a Job Observer, direct involvement in monthly safety meetings and pre-shift safety meetings, safety walk through audits, safety training for direct reports, communicating safety information and leading accident investigations. Act proactively in resolving and correcting safety issues throughout the plant. Follow all safety guidelines and requirements for the areas in which they work.
Support the Quality Management System as outlined in the Quality Policy. This includes specific initiatives such as being a Job Observer, direct involvement in monthly quality meetings and pre-shift meetings, quality walk through audits, quality training for direct reports, communicating quality information and investigations. Act proactively in resolving and correcting quality issues throughout the plant. Follow all quality guidelines and requirements for the areas in which they work.
Supervise, educate, coach and provide developmental opportunities to team members; remove barriers to assure individual and group success and completion of all goals in the following:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Productivity and Cost Control
- Continuous Improvement (5S, LEAN, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Communicate daily with other Supervisors on personnel issues, equipment status, and manufacturing progress in meeting schedule. Ensure thorough pass downs with all stakeholders.
- Issue commendations and corrective actions and address complaints/resolve problems for all direct reports.
- Approve time and attendance through timekeeping system.
- Participate in interviewing/hiring/onboarding of employees as assigned. Assess new hires during probationary period to ensure they are receiving adequate training and are developing the necessary skills and experience.
- Maintain an effective level of communication with plant management and other departments within the plant in support of the Company’s, safety, quality goals and production.
- Comply with Hexcel policies, procedures, and Code of Business Conduct.
Perform similar job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of production leadership experience and/or three years of military leadership; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint; ERP/MRP experience preferred.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and other Continuous Improvement techniques; Lean and/or Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Strong problem solving, facilitation and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Regular attendance on company premises is required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Able to present in front of groups as needed.
- Ability to calculate figures and ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.