With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of composite materials and industrial fabrics. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking a Production Operator for our Kent, WA, USA location. The Production Operator will perform multiple production and production support functions such as finishing, trimming, and other various duties associated with the manufacturing of aerospace parts under the general supervision of a Production Supervisor.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Operation of industrial equipment, such as band-type saws, cutting tables, and forklift trucks, and hand tools requiring advanced mechanical skills.
- All positions work in a team environment to produce high quality composite parts in a timely manner.
- Operators are expected to be able to work both independently and with a high degree of detail and accuracy.
- Read and interpret engineering blueprints, work orders and area work instructions from text, drawings, and computer/internet.
- Use engineering drawings, manufacturing plans and work orders while fulfilling multiple tasks within specified timelines.
- Manage priorities and meet deadlines with 100% accuracy in a multi-task environment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and write record processes as required.
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
- Regularly exhibit customer service-oriented approach, and responds to requests with a sense of urgency.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to recognize issues and resolve or escalate appropriately.
- “Think out of the box” and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Wear all personal protective equipment as required for this position.
- Applicants must show a stable work history, preferably in manufacturing and ability to work well with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have basic math skills including fractions and percentages.
- Must be able to work with chemicals, sealants, paints and cleaners on a regular basis.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Production employees are required to be able to work all shifts. Applicants must present proof of US Person status prior to hire.
- These full-time positions require a high school diploma or GED, a copy of which may be required if Hexcel is unable to verify attainment of the degree.
- A post-offer drug test and physical is required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; have manual dexterity; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees are often required to lift large, awkward tools that weigh up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.