Plasma Programmer will work according to supervisor’s direction. Programs and operates Plasma Cutting machines used to cut panels to various design specifications.
The following essential job functions are performed as a Plasma Cutter Programmer:
- Oversees all aspects of the Plasma programmer.
- Releases Work Orders
- Reads, interprets and follows work orders, lay-up sheets, drawings and work instructions.
- Accesses and uploads programming files
- Creates dimensional drawings, Creates and maximizes nesting layouts
- Administers daily job tasks and sets priorities for Plasma cutter and Support Techs on both Day and Swing shifts
- Carries out methods needed to do the job successfully
- Loads material to be cut for specific projects
- Manages materials inventory
- Inspects finished product for conformance to design specifications
- Completes documentation of product, processes and equipment including: work orders entries, labels, and job cost tracking sheets.
- Ensures the Quality of our products continually meets or exceeds our customer’s requirements
- Enforces 5S, Janicki Industries Rules and Safety Practices, and keeps work areas clean and organized
- Enforces AS9100 and Nadcap Standards and Practices throughout all work performed
- Schedules maintenance and performs monthly maintenance on the water jet machine
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
U.S. PERSON STATUS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION. Proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency may be required due to access to sensitive data and our coverage under EAR and ITAR regulations.
High School diploma or GED plus 1-2 year of college (or comparable work experience is required). Must have CNC experience, CAD-CAM programming, basic computer and math skills and 3+ yrs. of mechanical hands on experience. Position requires effective communication skills in the English language, verbal and written. Requirements also include excellent computer and typing skills, as well as the ability to communicate technical data effectively.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
Overhead crane, Forklift, Plasma Cutter and computer.
Exposed to dust, noise and fumes, wet parts and potentially slippery floor.
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.