The Mechanical Engineer (Daily Operations) role demonstrates creativity and ingenuity in applying engineering principles and practices and is able to draw solutions from a wider range of experience. Very proficient in resolving design, processing, and production problems in a timely manner. Assignments are broad in nature. Works under minimal supervision and is responsible for defining technical approaches to projects. May act as lead on some projects and guide lower level engineers and technicians. Work primarily is involved with the development or improvement of actual products or designs. The typical cycle includes establishing requirements, conceptualizing, developing prototypes, testing, and perfecting designs.
1. Designs fixtures and tooling required in a production department. Provides training and documentation.
2. Leveraging expert-level knowledge in one or more technical disciplines, resolves most production issues without assistance.
3. Owns new product research and development projects ($100K-$300K) with established goals and specifications. Typically these products will be close to something that is already offered in the market. Relies on expertise of others to solve problems.
4. Develops production capability to bring new products generated in R&D to market. Leads this effort for mid-sized projects and drives processes forward on a timeline, resolving challenges with support.
5. Creates testing protocol and will either actually do the testing or oversee the completion by others. Formulates analysis criteria to determine root causes.
6. Develops quality expectations and ensures QA protocols are in place for adherence to standards across multiple production departments. Plans are often reviewed with more senior staff.
7. Establishes production procedures, work instructions, QA matrices, and bills of materials for more complicated products spanning multiple production activities.
8. Leads cost reduction efforts for a particular product through process refinement, establishing best practices, and implementation of better production methods.
9. Analyzes costs and return on investment for simple projects or changes to existing systems, typically with oversight and review of conclusions.
10. Meets all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and performs within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Obtains certifications for new products, maintains existing certifications, ensures product changes do not impact listings, and completes required documentation.
2. With oversight and direction, finds new vendors, works with them to establish quality expectations, obtains costing, validates performance, and may do some cost analysis.
3. Establishes production parameters and trains to these expectations on the production level. Follows-up on a long-term basis.
4. Develops professional visual aids and PowerPoint documents to make presentations on specific products.
5. Specifies and purchases some production equipment.
6. May travel to customers to resolve field issues.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience .
2. 5+ years of experience in mechanical engineering.
3. Expert in multiple technical disciplines, including rubber, fabrication, forming, coatings, castings, or machining.
4. Strong project management, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
5. Effective oral and written communication skills with people at all levels of the organization.
6. Effective computer skills, including MS Office and SolidWorks.
7. Comfortable using hand tools and power tools.
8. Ability to work effectively with a team.
9. Able to develop creative solutions to difficult problems.
10. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Professional Engineer (PE) License.
2. Has expertise on multiple products, including awareness of capabilities associated with each.
3. A detailed knowledge of the waterworks industry and Romac products.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.