Essential functions, tasks and skills: Perform lube, oil and filter changes on heavy-duty trucks and other industrial equipment. Heavy-duty chassis repair along with air brakes and seals. Other tasks depending on knowledge of diesel trucks and equipment.
Employee must be able to:
- Attend work on the schedule established by the employer and without excessive absenteeism.
- Follow all safe work practices.
- Perform lube, oil and filter changes
- Rear-end replacements
- Suspension work truck and trailer
- Axle replacements and rebuild brakes, seals, etc.
- Hydraulic systems repairs – pump valves, cylinder, etc.
- Air systems, brake valves, solenoids, brake cans
- Wiring repairs
Skills: Understand and apply knowledge of hydraulics; comfortable with electrical trouble shooting; good knowledge of diesel mechanics not limited to drive trains, transmissions and clutch repair.
Requires bending or twisting, standing, kneeling, crouching, stooping or crawling. Requires repetitive movement and exposure to high places.
Includes exposure to contaminants; exposure to hazardous equipment and conditions.
Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures; working in environmentally controlled conditions.
Requires working in cramped workspaces and getting into awkward positions.
Requires wearing specialized protective or safety equipment
Able to stand for long periods of time and able to lift heavy items from floor.
Comfortable using power tools, pneumatic wrenches, grinder, welding knowledge also helpful.
Anxious to learn, good work ethic, accept responsibility for work performed and flexible. Must be able to work 40+ hours under normal schedule.