Supports production by mixing the various putties, resins and paints used throughout the production process. Also supports stocking of inventory and packaging materials for disposal.
· Mixes putties, resins, and paints used for production
· Inspects various flammable lockers for proper material stocking
· Restocks Point of Use stations at the highway 20 plant
· Performs a walk-through of various departments including: Machine Bays, Foam Bay, Finish Bays, and other work cells to inspect all shelf life materials
· Removes all hazardous materials that are past shelf life/expiration date from operations floor
· Segregates all expired hazardous materials from materials used in operations department
· Cleans work areas as needed
· Completes all necessary paperwork and recordkeeping
· Packs and disposes of all hazardous materials in accordance with state and federal laws.
· Trains new personnel
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
· Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of your job.
U.S. PERSON STATUS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY REQUIRED DUE TO ACCESS TO SENSITIVE DATA AND OUR COVERAGE UNDER EAR AND ITAR REGULATIONS.
High school diploma or GED required. Some forklift experience is required; must be able to train and pass certification. Must possess basic math skills and some computer experience; must be able to work independently. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
Putties, resins, and paints; various hazardous chemicals and fillers; scales/measuring devices
Must be able to work in a hazardous environment; exposure to dust and chemical fumes is common and position requires the constant use of respirators and related PPE including: tyvek suits, rubber boots, gloves, etc. Heavy lifting is required: must be able to move 500 lb. drums of resin from pallets onto drum stands.
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.