Headquartered in St. Augustine, FL, with offices and manufacturing facilities all around the globe, Carlisle Interconnect Technologies (CarlisleIT) is one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of high-performance wire, cable, and medical devices. We provide complete interconnect solutions to industries like Aerospace, Military & Defense Electronics, Space, Medical, Test & Measurement, and Industrial.
Our talented team of employees worldwide helps bring movies to your seat on airplanes, deliver mission-critical information from drones to the command office, transfer heart rhythm to paper, route communications from space, connect power to downhill oil drills, and get planes back in the air faster.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Trainee: Attend tester training and perform testing in a variety of cells as a test operator under the guidance of an experienced tester for a minimum of 6 months.
- Level 1: 1-2 years of experience with the manufacturing and/or testing of microwave cables or related products/processes. Alternatively, Associate Degree in Electronic Technology, or similar discipline, and less than 1-2 years of experience.
- Level 2:. Demonstrated strong mechanical, technical, and analytical capabilities. Typical minimum of 3 years of experience with the manufacturing and/or testing of company related products or processes. Demonstrated thorough understanding of cable manufacturing processes and/or test methods. Demonstrated success with production objectives (knowledge, skills, productivity, quality and safety). Demonstrated successful training of operators.
- Level 3:. Demonstrated advanced mechanical, technical, and analytical capabilities. Demonstrated expertise and understanding of cable manufacturing and testing methods. Skill level is at an advanced to subject matter expert level. Typical minimum of 5 years of experience with the manufacturing and/or testing of company related products or processes.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand verbal and written instructions, read blueprints, drawings, and schematics
- Manufacturing experience in a custom make to order environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills – able to identify and analyze data and resolve problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions to problems and corrective actions.
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma Tools preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills – able to explain complex operations and methods clearly and concisely. Technical writing experience preferred.
- Able to participate in and advise cross functional project teams
- Formal Problem Solving Training (RCA, PDCA, 8D, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with ERP system preferred.
- Co-operates with others and treats all with respect.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions. Willingly accepts feedback from others.
- Understanding and experience in Lean manufacturing environment preferred. Participate in continuous improvement projects and 5S related performance teams.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient in MS Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The Manufacturing Technician performs Manufacturing activities including producing and testing product, troubleshooting and improving manufacturing processes–The Manufacturing Technician will operate complex processes and/or provide technical support for the manufacturing area to which they are assigned (Cable, Assembly, Plating, Extrusion, Tube Drawing, etc.).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Set-up and Operate complex or precision processes as assigned.
- Test Product using such equipment as Network Analyzers as assigned
- Subject-matter-expert for a given process
- Provide technical support and oversight to production in order to meet quality, cost, and on-time delivery goals.
- Resolve production issues using root cause analysis and establishing corrective actions.
- Build and tests engineering samples and prototypes.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities related to production processes.
- Oversee R&D production runs to validate manufacturing processes.
- Develops/maintains/updates Work instructions and other related documentation.
*Other duties as required in support of the department and the company*
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is a clean facility, housing different machinery, equipment, processes, and chemicals which produce potential hazards in the work environment such as: ergonomic, chemical, machine point of operation, and powered industrial vehicle traffic. These hazards are controlled through means of engineering controls, such as machine guarding, and administrative controls, such as safety policies and programs. In certain areas of the facility, employees are required to wear Personal Protective equipment such as Hearing Protection, Safety Glasses, Safety Toe Shoes, and hand protection.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
- ASTM F–2412–2005, ANSI Z41–1999, or ANSI Z41–1991 rated safety toed shoes
- Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses
- Ability to compile with JSA in specific areas
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
Apply now at: https://www.carlisleit.com/careers/