With our strong investment in research and development, and culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of industrial fabrics and composite materials. We invite you to join more than 6,000 people who work for Hexcel at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe and join our “strength within.”
Hexcel is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer II for their Kent, WA location. This role reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor. The Manufacturing Engineer II will provide production support through new program introduction, continuous improvement activities, shop floor problem resolution, drawing and specification interpretation, and planning creation. This position will be responsible for technical support of large programs or multiple programs with the support of less experienced Manufacturing Engineers.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Cause and Corrective Action determination and coordination through thorough Root Cause Analysis.
- Continuous Improvement leader and guide/mentor to Six Sigma Yellow or Green Belt candidates.
- Update/create/review manufacturing and tooling plans with illustrations and new drawings/specs and spec revisions
- Quote and evaluate new program feasibility and producability strengths and weaknesses.
- Interpret customer and internal drawings, specifications, processes and procedures and provide drawing/spec interpretation to less experienced staff.
- Safety Champion within the engineering group.
- This position will also be responsible for BOM changes, quote support, and process/product improvement analysis.
- Support the APP by meeting applicable requirements pertaining to the specific department and position, as well as all general guidelines, as outlined in the facility Accident Prevention Plan.
- Process Improvement and standardization including the calculation of ROI on productivity and design improvements.
- Support new program introduction, process development and ramp up.
- Support design for manufacture and value engineering opportunities with the customer.
- Provide tours to customers, suppliers, internal people, and local technical groups/associations and present technical data internally, to customers, and to suppliers.
- Develop and implement measurement plans for data collection and analysis.
- Coordinate manufacturing and tooling plans with design engineering.
- Work with production personnel to build the product in a cost-effective way that meets the customer’s requirements.
- Assess and respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering discipline, industrial technology and/or material science discipline from an accredited four-year college or university; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of applicable experience in the aerospace industry. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Six Sigma certification strongly preferred.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Solid PC and CAD skills required.
- Solid ability to define problems, and interpret a variety of technical instruction, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
This position is restricted to U.S. citizens due to U.S. federal government contracts that require the employment of only persons who are U.S. citizens. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.