About the Opportunity:
Plan and perform mechanical tasks necessary to install, maintain and repair a wide variety of plant equipment and systems required to support manufacturing or facility requirements. Tasks associated with position may require creative independent action and decision-making skills, the ability to resolve technical issues that create service interruptions and the ability to develop or design new techniques and methods that improve customer service.
What you’ll do:
- Perform complex tasks across a wide range of facilities functions such as: rigging, plumbing, electrical or electronics repair, communications systems, machine repair, hydraulics, pneumatics, refrigeration systems, facilities planning and small hand or automatic tool repair
- Capable of reading and interpreting detailed electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and piping blueprints, schematics or specification
- As assigned coordinate cost estimate and purchase of components and supplies required to complete assigned tasks
- Displays self-motivation in completing assigned work efficiently and effectively. Works to promote and/or lead a team environment within guidelines established by supervision.
- Will be required to participate in training to obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications as identified by supervision
- Provides leadership and direction with emphasis on team building.
- 3 plus years work experience in industrial maintenance.
- A high school diploma or GED is required. An Associate's Degree or equivalent coursework in Industrial Maintenance Technology or Industrial Electronic Technology is highly desired.
- A strong base of knowledge that will include training and/or work experience with advanced math, electronics and electrical theory; including AC - DC and solid state theory is highly desired.
- The ability to read and interpreting detailed electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and piping blueprints, schematics or specifications.