The Machine Shop Lead position involves leading one or more teams in the execution of machining processes. Position is responsible for the quality and quantity of work performed under their charge as well as the training and safety of their crew. The primary responsibility of the Machine Shop Lead is to ensure the assigned work is completed in a timely manner, this includes assigning and explaining daily tasks to Machinists; monitoring work progress and compliance with policies and procedures; training and assisting Machinists. The Machine Shop Lead will actively participate in classroom and on-the-job training leading to reasonable advancement in skill level, and will work other areas as assigned. Working hours will overlap shift change to facilitate work in progress transition. The Machine Shop Lead will work with the Machine Shop Manager and Manufacturing Engineering to improve processes in the Machine Shop.
The following essential job functions are performed as a Machine Shop Lead:
- Lead a team of 11 or more employees
- Maintain an approachable demeanor towards the lead’s direct reports.
- Reads, interprets, and follows pass downs, work orders, blueprints, and work instructions.
- Work towards continuous improvement in the machine shop.
- Maintain/Enforce 6S, AS9100, and Nadcap standards and practices in the Machine Shop.
- Work with Manager and ME to fixture and design methods of manufacturing complex parts.
- Maintain standard of quality in the Machine Shop.
- Keep work orders stamped, dated, and organized.
- Enforces Janicki Industries Rules and Safety Practices.
- Ensure work areas and kept clean and organized.
- Limits and controls use of shop consumables.
- Participates in training, safety, and quality programs.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN OR LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT FOR THIS POSITION. Due to our ITAR and EAR regulations, applicants must be a US Citizen or of Legal Permanent Resident Status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b (a) (3).
7+ years of Machining experience. High School diploma or GED required, college level or trade school education preferred. Experience in the field may be substituted for education. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Job duties may include one or more of the following:
- CNC Mill and Manual Mill set up, operation and maintenance. Knowledge of Mazak, and Haas controls preferred. Mazatrol programming a bonus.
- CNC Lathe and Manual Lathe set up, operation and maintenance.
- Mill/Lathe Operation, includes Tooling knowledge, Calibrated equipment, machine operation, part loading and clamping, machine maintenance.
- Operation of grinders, bandsaws, die grinders, and various hand tools.
- Working knowledge of Math, Geometry and Trigonometry.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Sigma Six and /or other Continual
- Improvement experience is a plus.
- G-Code editing at the control.
- NC Programming (Siemens NX10).
- Janicki Certified Overhead Crane, Forklift and Manlift Operation. Janicki will provide training.
Must be able to sit, stand, or crouch down for extended periods. Must be able to climb ladders and work platforms. Exposed to noise, dust, dirt, and paint fumes. Must be able to work under hot and cold conditions. Personal protective equipment (PPE), safety glasses and ear protection will be required.
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.