The Machine Shop helper performs a variety of duties to aid in increasing machine shop throughput. Machinists helpers are required to read and write in English. They should have mechanical aptitude, and be able to perform basic math. Machine shop helpers are required to follow the direction of supervisors, leads, and senior machinists.
The following essential job functions are performed as a Machine Shop Helper:
- Use basic hand tools.
- Operate equipment such as horizontal band saws, drill presses, waterjets, robotic welders, forklift, overhead crane, and pallet jacks.
- Cleans metal and plastic parts
- Deburr parts as needed
- Light assembly
- Shop cleaning and organization.
- Pre-kit tooling for jobs.
- Inventory cutting tools and assist with stocking.
- Receives and carries out directions from designated Supervisors and Production Leads.
- Must be able to understand and comply with Safety Practices.
- Identifies and obtains equipment, tools and materials needed to properly perform job function.
- Properly executes Hazardous Material Disposal activities.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly, FOD free condition.
- An eye for continuous improvement.
- Compliance with 5S, AS9100 and Nadcap Standards and Practices.
- Performs on the job training, AS9100 training and other training as required.
- Works in other Cells to support Production as required, ie; Assembly or Mill Cells.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job.
U.S. PERSON STATUS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
Proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency may be required due to access to sensitive data and our coverage under EAR and ITAR regulations.
High School diploma or GED required, college level or trade school education preferred. One or more years of experience in related field may be substituted for education. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
Job duties may include one or more of the following:
Pre-kit and deliver tooling to work centers as required.
Assist with machine maintenance.
Operation of grinders, bandsaws, die grinders, and various hand tools.
Working knowledge of basic math
Understanding of Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Sigma Six and /or other Continual Improvement experience is a plus.
Janicki Certified Overhead Crane, Forklift and Manlift Operation. Janicki will provide training.
Must be able to sit, stand, or crouch down for extended periods. Must be able to climb ladders and work platforms. Exposed to noise, dust, dirt, and paint fumes. Must be able to work under hot and cold conditions. Personal protective equipment (PPE), safety glasses and respirator will be required. Must be comfortable working within confined spaces and at various heights
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.