The Machine Ops ME is primarily involved in planning the machine operation activities of revenue projects. This includes developing or refining standard processes as well as establishing specialized planning for non-standard or otherwise challenging projects. A solid understanding of JI machining approaches including clock-in, fixturing, NC programming, and best machining practicies is mandatory as well as the ability to work well in machine work-cells with a variety of project teams and personnel.
The following essential job functions are performed:
- Machine Operations Project Planning
- Reviews project drawings, models, and requirements in order determine best approaches and/or match machine capabilities with requirements
- Works with project teams to establish / optimize machining plans for JI machine work-cells based on project requirements
- Creates production work packages for executing detailed, step-by-step, planning for NC and all in-mill tasks
- Responsible for work order release to machine work-cells for NC and machine operations
- Generates NC fixture plans inclusive of supporting CAD assembly work - NX
- Drafts NC detail drawings or NC fixture drawings - NX
- Files, retrieves and maintains engineering drawings, records, revisions and updates, as needed
- Attends and/or conducts production Manufacturing Readiness Reviews (MRR’s) within the JI machining work-cells
- Supports Production by creating or modifying procedures and processes to resolve any issues related to: poor planning, poor performance, changing requirements, MRB, or otherwise less-than-optimal performance
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Creates / updates / re-constructs JI processes and procedures to support implementation of:
- New or updated machine hardware and software from the Automation Group
- NC best practices – cutter technology, cutting methodologies
- Improvements based on lessons learned and opportunities for improvement
- Assists in the set up and execution of machine tests to investigate design proposals or to obtain data for development, standardization, optimization and/or quality control
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data and recommendations for changes in product or test method
- Observes Production operations to seek out and address continuous improvement opportunities
- Must perform other duties as assigned
- The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN OR LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT FOR THIS POSITION.
Due to our ITAR and EAR regulations, applicants must be a US Citizen or of Legal Permanent Resident Status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b (a) (3).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Composite/Material Science, Industrial Design Technology, or a similar field is desired.
- Extensive manufacturing experience in a similar field (5+ years) and a combination of education may be substituted for a degree.
- Must be familiar with a variety of the fields' concepts, practices and procedures
- Must be able to rely on extensive experience, excellent problem-solving skills and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products and Primavera; some experience with Unigraphics NX and Catia is desirable
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
Job duties may include one or more of the following:
- Demonstrates proficiency in NC Programming and 5 Axis milling
- Develops and supports the testing to quantify cutter use as well as creates/maintains an optimized Cutter list
- Develops and maintains NC and Machine Ops Process Documentation
- Supports machine intensive and NC Production work
- Develops/consolidates/supports the continual improvement of NC and Machine Ops best practices
- Leverages opportunities for improvement
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
Computers, tape measure, precision measuring devices
Exposed to dust, loud noises, chemical fumes, fiberglass, and carbon fiber
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer