The Machine Maintenance Mechanic III position is the most senior level mechanic role in the Maintenance department and typically has knowledge of the most complex manufacturing systems and equipment, along with the ability to troubleshoot and repair them. This role often specializes in a specific area of expertise, including CNC machine repair/maintenance or HVAC repair/maintenance. Performs maintenance and repairs on all equipment and keeps records using the Maximo maintenance software. Works independently on projects of greatest complexity and may provide direction to an assistant or to less experienced maintenance staff. Interacts with internal and external contacts.
A. Essential Functions
• Operation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of all machines, processes, and facilities.
• Perform daily work responsibilities related to the position’s area of specialization.
• Construction, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical control and distribution systems.
• Perform basic electrical repairs and trouble-shooting.
• Operate systems required for security, fire, and life safety.
• Maintain spare parts and consumables inventory to facilitate efficient repairs.
• Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
B. Additional Job Responsibilities
• Train other employees in areas of skill and safety.
• Daily operation and maintenance of production support systems, bulk welding gas, and/or bulk propane.
• Install additional phones and network drops, to include programming of voice-mail and phone switch.
• Attend meetings or programs required by plant management or regulatory identities.
• If the incumbent is a member of one of Romac’s environmental safety teams, the role may also include the following:
– Inspect, report, and repair leaking machines
– Absorb spills and deposit absorbents
– Prepare Dangerous Wastes for disposal
– Receive annual spill response training
– Spill response team member
– Passivation room Spiking team member
– DOE/DOT Hazardous Waste training
– Passivation Room Maintenance
– Industrial first aid training
C. Minimum Qualifications
• High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• 6+ years of experience in a machine maintenance role (specifically in the area of position specialization) or 6+ year of trade or military school related to mechanical and/or electrical repair
• Able to cut, weld, and fabricate various metals
• Able to read blueprints, drawings, schematics and complex instruction sets
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Have available personal hand tools required to perform job function
• Troubleshooting and repair of mechanical machinery, processes, and facilities
• Troubleshooting and repair of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment and systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to express complex concepts and ideas
• Able to efficiently perform research in all areas of scope
• Metal fabrication (design, layout, cutting and welding multiple material types)
• All current, major personal computer programs and operating systems including Maximo
• Math skills and concepts required to meet scope of work
• Must successfully pass a drug test and background check
• Must be able to work 1 pm – 9:30 pm, Monday – Friday
D. Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Driver’s license
• Lift truck license
• Fall Protection
• CPR and first aid certification
• Confined space
• Arc Flash safety training