Janicki Industries is hiring Summer 2018 engineering interns for multiple disciplines (Design, Stress Analysis, Automation and Controls, Industrial Automation Electronics, Composite Manufacturing Process Engineering, Project Management).
Janicki Industries designs and manufactures high-precision parts and tooling for aerospace, marine, energy, space, military and transportation. We specialize in composites and exotic metals.
We are an engineering company that values innovation and original thinking. Because we design, build, commission, and operate our machines, tooling and parts, we are looking for engineers with hands-on experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:.
Specific job functions will depend upon the actual department in which the intern will be working and the specific project to which the intern is assigned. The functions listed below are general in nature and apply to all administrative interns.
- Works independently and efficiently with excellent organizational skills and a high level of clerical procedures.
- Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them. Looks for new and productive ways to make an impact. Demonstrates this characteristic when it comes to generating new ideas or processes, seeking out and taking on increasing responsibility or resolving problems as they occur. Uses sound judgment about when to take action and when to seek guidance or permission.
- Completes assignments given by the respective Department Manager
- Creates presentations for Management as needed using Microsoft Power Point
- Creates and updates reports with charts and spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel as assigned
- Is prepared to give a weekly report of assigned tasks
- Performs a variety of internet research as assigned
- Develops the steps necessary to accomplish long-term goals. Identifies long and short-term goals and establishes realistic plans to reach them. Allocates required resources, allows for contingencies and ensures that plans fit with the larger needs of the organization. Sets milestones to measure progress along the way.
- Current enrollment in a college or university engineering or related degree program.
U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required.