Janicki Industries is looking for highly qualified individuals that have ten plus years of experience in metal finishing, painting, plumbing, piping, millwright experience or heavy equipment / diesel mechanic experience.
This position performs a variety of duties and multiple uses of different skillsets. Technicians are required to follow detailed instructions and drawings, in the assembly of tooling fixtures, precision weldments, machined surfaces and fly-away aerospace parts. Drilling, tapping, grinding, hardware placement, and precise aerospace tool finishes are common tasks.
The following essential job functions are performed as an Assembly Technician:
- Attention to detail and quality is required
- Reads and understands blueprints, isometric drawings and work orders
- Must understand and comply with Safety and 5S,
- Must understand and comply with AS9100 and Nadcap Practices and Procedures as applicable
- Identifies and obtains equipment, tools and materials needed to properly perform job function
- Sets up scaffolding and safety barriers under direction
- Performs preventive maintenance on machines and facilities as required
- Knowledge of common hand tools and demonstrated mechanical capabilities
Due to our ITAR and EAR regulations, applicants must be a US Citizen or of Legal Permanent Resident Status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b (a) (3).
- High School diploma or GED required, college level or trade school education preferred.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in aircraft frame assembly/maintenance and/or painting is a plus
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
Job duties may include one or more of the following:
- Advanced Assembly Procedures, will include detailed hardware installation, plus in-process and final assembly of a wide variety of tooling, parts, and models.
- Janicki Certified, Overhead Crane, Forklift and Manlift Operation (as separate Certifications)
- Operation of Pneumatic and Power tools, drills, grinders, saws, impact drivers, sanders, etc.
- Operation of Bench Power Tools, - Horizontal / Vertical Bandsaw, Bench Grinder, drill press, vertical mill/lathe, drill bit sharpener, scissors sharpener, table saw, miter saw. etc.\
- Knowledge of epoxy resin and catalyst used in repairs and surface finishing
- Understanding of mill gauging procedures
Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for an entire shift. Must be able to sit, stand, or crouch down for extended periods. Must be able to climb ladders and work platforms. Exposed to noise, dust, dirt, and paint fumes. Must be able to work under hot and cold conditions. Personal protective equipment (PPE), safety glasses and respirator will be required. Must be comfortable working within confined spaces and at various heights.
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer