Graveyard Shift Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and directing Production related activities utilizing resources assigned, as well as performing duties personally. Direction for these activities will come from Operations Manager and Cell Managers.
- Reviews production work orders, schedules and manages processes to ensure that the product is manufactured in accordance with the documented customer requirements and work instructions
- Supervises a small workforce, while personally maintaining at least 80% billable hours to Projects
- Coordinates all production activities with Hamilton and Hwy 20 Ops, Transportation and Project Management
- Oversight may include Mold Fab Cells, Assembly Cells, Mill 5/6 Cell and Ovens
- Implements standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with JI standards, AS9100 and NADCAP Standards and Practices
- JI Forklift and Crane certified
- Reviews Timecards and corrects clock-ins as needed for the assigned crew and reports any issues or problems to Operations Manager/Cell Manager
- Resolves operational and facility maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays as well as notifying Operations Management for facility related issues.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data
- Enforces compliance with all JI Safety, 5S and HazMat practices
- Must have CDI stamp within 60 days of start of position
- Performs administrative tasks including but not limited to; time cards, vacation requests, and shift changes.
- The list of essential job functions is not intended to be all inclusive and the incumbent will be expected to perform other duties as assigned. The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors. Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job. Must be flexible with work hours.
U.S. PERSON STATUS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
Proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency may be required due to access to sensitive data and our coverage under EAR and ITAR regulations. Secure clearance a plus, but not required.
High school diploma or GED required. Technical or College degree preferred. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in the English language required, with at least 2 years JI production or equivalent work history in related fields. Must have the ability to multitask. Must have basic computer skills and be familiar with Excel, Outlook, and Word. Understanding of Risk Assessment and Management as it relates to production and safety activities.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
Must be able to read and understand highly technical drawings and documents. Vacuum gauges, computer, associated software, associated equipment and materials utilized in composite tool fabrication
Must be flexible with schedule and work long hours. Must be capable of spending long hours standing. Must be able to deal with stress and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.