Manages and plans the installation, troubleshooting, and repairs of all plant/office electrical systems and equipment ranging from 24 to 480 volts.
The following essential job functions are performed as an Electrician:
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical power supply, branch circuit power problems and electrical problems to equipment and machinery
- Evaluates and calculates electrical loads for equipment installation
- Relocates electrical circuits
- Installs power circuits for new equipment
- Wires office spaces
- Installs data and communication circuits
- Installs and maintains closed Circuit Video Surveillance system
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement
- Repairs faulty equipment or systems
- Adheres to JI Safety, HazMat and JI Policies
- Coordinates generator function / usage in scheduled and non-scheduled power outages
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, of follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceiling, and flooring
- Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of your job.
U.S. PERSON STATUS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION. Proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency may be required due to access to sensitive data and our coverage under EAR and ITAR regulations.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. required; Journeyman 01 Electrician license is required. Must be able to read blue prints, drawings, diagrams and schematics. Must be familiar with and able to use common hand and power tools, and operate lifts, basic training of computer networking. Must have good balance and dexterity. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT USED
Electrical lifts, conduit benders, various hand tools (drills, skills saw, jig saw, grinder), metal cutters
Exposed to dust irritants, chemical fumes and loud noises.
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.