Job Title: Deburr Mechanic
Line of Business: Manufacturing
Reports to: CNC Lead
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-exempt
1st shift M-F 630am – 3pm
Successful finalists will be required to pass a drug/alcohol screening within 48 hours of notification to be considered for the position.
$13/hour and up depending on experience
ABOUT Work Force Development Center
Work Force Development Center a nonprofit 501 (c)(3), is a vocational training organization specializing in preparing at-risk and disadvantaged high school juniors and seniors, for their respective journeys into the future work force. WFDC works in successful and continual partnership, providing significant outsourcing needs with several major companies in the aviation, wire harness and automotive fields. WFDC is registered ISO 9001/2015, AS9100D as well as D6-82479 Appendix A source delegated supplier.
Identify and pull correct material identified on a manufacturing order, blend mismatches and break edges per drawing and specification requirements using hand and power tools and deliver finished material to other work areas, and complete detailed work order.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Position part (s) on worktable clamps as needed
- Deburr, sand, hand-scrape, mechanical-polish, sand blast and clean parts.
- Utilize production work orders, documents, drawings, and specifications, written or oral instructions to perform tasks necessary to meet production requirements.
- Identify and report defective equipment, materials, and faulty operations to lead/supervisor.
- Follow prescribed work rules and standard safety regulations at all times.
- Inspect parts for conformity to specifications.
- Maintain written and Visual Manufacturing records.
- Essential duties require presence in the workplace on a regular basis: in order to accomplish this, regular attendance and punctuality must be maintained.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Follow work rules and standard safety regulations at all times.
- Maintain safe working practice's and insure area is clean and free of any possible unsafe situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- US Person Status Due to Export Control
- Ability to using basic hand tools
- Ability to use basic hand tooling
- Ability to take direction from lead and supervisor to complete assigned tasks
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic mathematical skills to the work environment (such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, fractions and decimals)
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions noted on blueprints and work instructions
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic mathematical skills to the work environment (such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers)
- Ability to identify hazardous materials and working conditions and apply the proper safety precautions and PPE required for each
- Ability to identify, organize, estimate and recognize differences or similarities with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or verbal instructions
- Ability to adapt to change (positive or negative)
- Ability to accept of criticism and deal calmly and effectively with stressful situations
- Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment, and dealing with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
High school diploma or equivalent
· Ability to read work instructions and procedures in English.
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift or move up to 15 lbs. constantly and 25lbs frequently
- Constant periods of standing
- Constant bending and squatting
- Constant ability to reach with hands and arms; use hands/fingers to manipulate, handle, or feel material
- Constant ability to grasp vibrating hand tools
- Constant exposure to vibration
- Constant exposure to airborne particles.
- Constant exposure to loud noise.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Constant ability to wear personal protective equipment
Constant Frequent Occasional
(5-8 hrs./shift) (2-5 hrs./shift) (Up to 2 hrs./shift)