Cactus Communications is a leading provider of scientific communication services to more than 198,000 clients across 116 countries.
We engage a team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. CACTUS is honoured to be ranked 12th (after a screening of more than 47,000 companies) on the 2017 list of Top 100 Companies for Remote/Freelance Jobs (Forbes article).
We are currently looking to hire editors on a contractual work-from-home basis in the Physical Sciences.
Editors typically devote six to eight hours a day.
WHY THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY
- You can telecommute from anywhere. You will also have the flexibility to keep your own work hours as long as you meet the deadlines.
- Assured volume of work. You will receive a considerable amount of work, and accordingly, you can be assured of a predictable income from CACTUS each month. You can choose to do from 60,000 words to more than 120,000 words.
- You will develop an understanding of the finer points of editing.
- You will have access to articles on the latest industry trends and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
- You will gain an inside view into research carried out worldwide.
- You have the potential to earn above USD 3000 per month.
Please access this link: https://tinyurl.com/yavet6h8
Responsibilities and Duties
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific guidelines and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt your working approach accordingly
- Meet deadlines (which are driven by client deadlines)
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
What you need
- A Post Doc/PhD/Masters/Bachelors degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in Physical Sciences
- Excellent editing skills and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
*Detailed subject-area list
- Physical sciences:Engineering (all disciplines), Robotics, Automobile Engineering, Controls and Systems, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communication, Nuclear Physics, Analytical Chemistry, Physical/ Computational Chemistry, General Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Nanochemistry, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Alloys, Nanomaterials, Ceramics/Glass, Materials Engineering, Engineering, Ceramics, Glass, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Optics