CNC Machinist- First Shift
Where: Kent, WA
Type: Full Time
Wage: Competitive Wages, Based on Experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), and a robust Wellness Program
To apply, visit our website at www.skookumaerospace.org to complete an application and upload a resume.
Skookum Aerospace Manufacturing is seeking a driven and adaptable CNC Machinist. As Skookum Manufacturing’s CNC Machinist, you will be responsible for operating 3-axis and 4-axis machine tools to produce high-quality aerospace components.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Operates CNC milling machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions using various tooling and fixtures.
- Ensures work is clean and complete to specifications. Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Follow process specifications, travelers, drawings, blueprints, rework/rejection tags, work instructions, relevant process controls, and verbal/written instructions.
- Reads drawings or examines existing machine parts to determine fix type and dimensions of material or other equipment required for CNC machined part processes.
- Review supplied data to ensure manufacturing-related requirements are made.
- Perform tool changes and offset changes for previously written programs.
- Works with machine measuring tools such as height gauge, micrometer, calipers, dial indicators, etc.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and standards.
- Preserves equipment with an emphasis on preventative maintenance requirements.
- Actively observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
- Observe cutting tool inserts and replace/repair tools as necessary to assure machine operation.
- Assist performing setup of new or experimental tooling from general directions furnished by customers.
- Work from and follow process specifications, work orders, blueprints, schedules, schematics, layout & modification sheets, engineering orders and verbal/written instruction.
- Certified Machinist preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Aerospace or Commercial manufacturing required.
- Knowledge of CNC equipment operation is required.
- Strong problem solving, social, and oral/written communication skills.
- Understands machining principles and supporting equipment for manufacturing processes.
- Technical, formal machinist training or trade school education with some advanced education in basic design and mechanical strengths is preferred.
- MasterCAM and 5-Axis knowledge is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and other visual specification layouts.
- A valid state driver’s license preferred.
- Must be either a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (In order to comply with U.S. government regulations as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20), or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)).
- A pre-employment drug screen may be required.
Skookum Aerospace Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer- W/M/Veteran/Disabled and participates in E-Verify