The Machinist Technician performs a variety of duties and utilizes multiple skillsets. Techs are required to follow detailed drawings and instructions. Set up, operation, and maintenance of CNC and manual mills, lathes, and standard machine shop tools are some of the daily tasks.
The Machinist Technician has three levels of competency to be determined by performance, certifications, and supervisor discretion:
- Basic to Capable
- Proficient to Expert
- Proficient to Expert and includes Certifications for Metrology, NC Programming, and/or Welding
The following essential job functions are performed as a Machinist Technician:
- Attention to detail and quality is required
- Reads and understands blue prints, isometric drawings and work orders
- Receives and carries out directions from designated Supervisors and Production Leads
- Must be able to understand and comply with Safety Practices
- Identifies and obtains equipment, tools and materials needed to properly perform job function
- Set up scaffolding and safety barriers under direction
- Properly executes Hazardous Material Disposal activities
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly, FOD free condition
- Knowledge and use of common hand tools
- Accurate use of precision measuring instruments (ie: micrometers, calipers, etc,) and working to exacting tolerances
- Compliance with 5S, AS9100 and Nadcap Standards and Practices
- Performs on the job training, AS9100 training and other training as required
- Works in other Cells to support Production as required, ie; Metal Fab or Mill Cells
- Performs other duties as assigned
Must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job.
U.S. PERSON STATUS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
Proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency may be required due to access to sensitive data and our coverage under EAR and ITAR regulations.
High School diploma or GED required, college level or trade school education preferred. One or more years of experience in related field may be substituted for education. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
Job duties may include one or more of the following:
- Janicki Certified, Overhead Crane, Forklift and Manlift Operation (as separate Certifications)
- CNC Mill and Manual Mill set up, operation and maintenance
- CNC Lathe and Manual Lathe set up, operation and maintenance
- Mill/Lathe Operation, includes Tooling knowledge, Calibrated equipment, machine operation, part loading and clamping, machine maintenance
- Operation of standard machine shop tools and machinery
- Working knowledge of Math, Geometry and Trigonometry
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing, Sigma Six and /or other Continual Improvement experience is a plus
- CNC editing on the shop floor
- NC Programming (as a separate Certification)
- Metrology including part leveling, fixturing, equipment handling, laser tracker, radar and targeting as well as
- Spatial Analyzer Operation, (as a separate Certification)
Must be able to sit, stand, or crouch down for extended periods. Must be able to climb ladders and work platforms. Exposed to noise, dust, dirt, and paint fumes. Must be able to work under hot and cold conditions. Personal protective equipment (PPE), safety glasses and respirator will be required. Must be comfortable working within confined spaces and at various heights
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran/Drug Free Employer.