The Assembly Technician performs a variety of duties and multiple uses of different skillsets. Technicians are required to follow detailed instructions and drawings, in the assembly of tooling fixtures, precision weldments, machined surfaces and fly-away aerospace parts. Drilling, tapping, grinding, hardware placement, and precise aerospace tool finishes are common tasks.
The following essential job functions are performed as an Assembly Technician:
- Attention to detail and quality is required
- Reads and understands blueprints, isometric drawings and work orders
- Must be able to understand and comply with Safety Practices
- Complies with 5S, AS9100 and Nadcap Standards and Practices
- Identifies and obtains equipment, tools and materials needed to properly perform job function
- Sets up scaffolding and safety barriers under direction
- Properly executes Hazardous Material Disposal activities
- Performs preventive maintenance on machines and facilities as required
- Knowledge of common hand tools and demonstrated mechanical capabilities
- Performs on the job training, AS9100, Nadcap training and other training as required
- Works in other Cells to support Production as required, ie; Mold Fab or Mill Cells
Due to our ITAR and EAR regulations, applicants must be a US Citizen or of Legal Permanent Resident Status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b (a)(3).
High School diploma or GED required, college level or trade school education preferred. One or more years of experience in related field may be substituted for education. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language. Experience in aircraft frame assembly/maintenance and/or painting would be a plus.
Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for an entire shift. Must be able to sit, stand, or crouch down for extended periods. Must be able to climb ladders and work platforms. Exposed to noise, dust, dirt, and paint fumes. Must be able to work under hot and cold conditions. Personal protective equipment (PPE), safety glasses and respirator will be required. Must be comfortable working within confined spaces and at various heights
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.
Apply for this opening Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed