Northshore Exteriors is a premier contractor in the West Coast and Hawaii for all types of architectural cladding including metal siding, roofing, and specialty trim. We are a unique company that brings precision manufacturing to the world of architectural cladding, with the latest equipment from the world's leading technology manufacturers.
At Northshore, the position of Assembly and Fabrication Technician is responsible for assembly of panel systems and sheet metal products; for preparing and packaging products to be transported without sustaining damage; and to assist in fabrication or shipping duties as needed.
- Adhere to required safety procedures.
- Maintains an orderly work station
- Assembly of panels using tape measure, screw gun, and other hand tools a needed.
- Detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
- Build and prepare crates for shipping as needed.
- Load crates with panels, flashing, extrusion, or other products to prepare for shipping in such a way as to be transported without damage.
- Update computer generated packing lists to account for crated materials.
- Pull materials from racks and load materials onto racks.
- Measure and cut extrusions from provided cut list using miter saw and CNC saw (training provided)
- Measure and cut extrusions to fit panel using miter saw and CNC saw (training provided)
- Operate any equipment needed to perform job (training provided as needed).
- Assists in fabrication duties as needed.
- Performs minor machine maintenance
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervision.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are subject to change. Current staffing needs are Monday through Friday 6:00am to 2:30p.m. 40 hours per week. Assembly and Fabrication Technicians must be willing to work overtime, including weekends, when asked.
This is a manufacturing facility position requiring company provided Personal Protective Equipment to be worn, including eye and hearing protection, gloves and, at times, a dust mask or respirator per WISHA standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position works in a warehouse setting, with outdoor exposure. The employee will spend most of the day standing, but will occasionally be required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience
- Experience using hand tools and basic power tools including but not limited to drill, impact driver, circular saw and reciprocating saw and nail gun.
- Ability to read and use a tape measure.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience working in a fast-paced shop or warehouse environment
- Experience in sheet metal fabrication (preferred).
- Certified in operating forklifts (preferred)
- Basic Carpentry skills (preferred)
- Basic Computer skills (preferred)
- Organizational Skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
- A Positive Attitude
All offers are contingent upon the result of a drug screen.
At Northshore Exteriors we value our employees. It is our staff's remarkable capabilities that allow us to manufacture and install any dimensional aluminum item better than anyone else. For this reason, we offer all full benefits for all our full-time positions including medical, dental, vision, accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability, long term disability, and life insurance. In addition, employees are awarded with Simple Employee Pension retirement plan and paid time off.