Job ID 00000266805
Date posted 12/19/2021
Location Renton, Washington
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking Aircraft Test Technicians to join our team supporting Boeing Commercial Airplanes in Renton, Washington! This is an exciting opportunity to fly each airplane on the ground through testing of all systems and aircraft functions.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Perform operational/production testing, troubleshooting and rework/repair of all aircraft systems before, during and after final assembly. These tests will include electrical/electronic, pressure (positive and negative), hydraulic and mechanical systems using airplane diagnostic systems and PC based and non PC based tests equipment
- Using a computer in a production environment
- Look up/read/comprehend technical work instructions, drawings and/or specifications
- Technicians will be working on a live aircraft and will be exposed to airplane and facilities hazardous energy levels (e.g., electricity, fluid and gaseous pressure, noise, etc.)
- Inspect work for quality and check for FOD (Foreign Object Debris)
- Use of mechanical lifts and material handling devices of various types (e.g., "tiger" and "snorkel" man lifts, boom hoists, electric tugs, BOTS, etc.)
- Use of various tools such as rivet gun, bucking bar, screwdrivers, lock bolt puller, power screwdriver, c-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner, drills, wire cutters, wire crimps, soldering gun and various other hand tools
- Work with chemical solvents, sealants, coatings, primers, adhesives, paints and special finishes
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position will require the following on a daily basis:
- Frequent (3-6 hrs) finger manipulation (keyboarding, other)
- Working around energized sources (electrical equipment and hazards/shock, e.g. circuit breakers and wiring) and exposure to constant noise
- Flexion/extension (head bent down, head bent back), handling, kneeling, bending at the waist, reaching (overhead), rotation of head/neck, standing, twisting at the waist, walking
- Lifting and carrying up to 35 pounds
- Use of high impact vibratory tools (bucking/riveting)
- Reading from a computer screen, printed drawings or documents
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years’ experience working with electronics or electrical troubleshooting
- 1+ years’ experience reading and interpreting production illustrations, wiring diagrams, and/or schematics
- 1+ years’ experience using a computer such as internet navigation, email, Microsoft Office and/or other specialized computer application
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 35 pounds frequently within an 8 hour shift
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in any of the following fields: machine tool maintenance, industrial electronic and/or electrical maintenance field, or military electronic/electrical system maintenance
- ASE certification
- Attended a Boeing partnered manufacturing related high school or community and technology college academic program
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position is for 2nd shift.
This is an hourly position governed by the International Association of Machinist (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining agreement.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be considered.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award