1 Successful finalists will be required to pass a drug/alcohol screening within 48 hours of notification to be considered for the position.
This is a 1st shift position 630am – 3pm M-F
Wage: $13.00+ per hour depending on experience
Job Title: Aerospace Assembly Mechanic
Reports to: Shop Lead
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
About Work Force Development Center
Work Force Development Center a nonprofit 501 (c)(3), is a vocational training organization specializing in preparing at-risk and disadvantaged high school juniors and seniors, for their respective journeys into the future work force. WFDC works in successful and continual partnership, providing significant outsourcing needs with several major companies in the aviation, wire harness and automotive fields. WFDC is registered ISO 9001/2000, AS9100C as well as D6-82479 Appendix A source delegated supplier.
Responsible for performing major functions of tasks in assembly areas which may include but are not limited to Assembly, Rivet, Seal, to international and customer specifications as directed by management representatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of light assembly operations using drawing/schematics and customer specifications to assemble components or sub-assemblies
- Work requires use of general shop equipment; pneumatic tools, power tools, hand tools including work with hazardous materials such as seal, bond, epoxy, solvents etc.
- Utilize production work orders and documents.
- Ensure all documentation is complete and correct.
- Identify root causes and corrective action for quality problems.
- Mentor and assist in training of student trainees.
- Maintain equipment and work area on a daily basis in a clean and orderly condition.
- Detect and report defective equipment, materials and/or faulty operations to supervisor.
- Follow prescribed work rules and standard safety regulations at all times.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- US Person Status Due to Export Control
- Skill in performing mid-level math skills efficiently and accurately (including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, fraction and decimals)
- Ability to use measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers and other inspection gauges
- Ability to take direction from lead and supervisor to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to communicate information clearly and directly co-workers and supervisory personnel both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to adapt to change (positive or negative)
- Ability to accept of criticism and deal calmly and effectively with stressful situations
- Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment, and dealing with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Ability to read work instructions and procedures in English.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. One or more years’ experience with aerospace industry, aerospace drawings, and specifications or equivalent education/experience preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently able to lift or move up to 25lbs
- Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment
- Occasional exposure to chemicals and fumes
- Constant exposure to moderate noise
- Constantly stand and walk throughout the workday
- Frequent ability to sit at work station
- Frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material
- Constant use hands/fingers to grasp, pinch, pull, feel, or handle and manipulate parts and tools
- Frequent repetitive motions
- Constant requirement of specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
- Constantly wear eye protection (Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required).
Constant Frequent Occasional
(5-8 hrs./shift) (2-5 hrs./shift) (Up to 2 hrs./shift)
WFDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Full benefits for full time after 60 days Overtime as required
To apply, GO TO OUR WEBSITE AT: http://www.wfdcenter.org/employment-opportunities
Download and complete application.