Janicki Industries Published: April 5, 2021
The NC Programmer plans machining sequences and fixturing for 3-5 axis machine tools.
The following essential job functions are performed as an NC Programmer:
- Determines methods, cutter types and cutting parameters depending on a variety of materials (composites, epoxies, steel, aluminum, etc.) and design specifications
- Designs 3-D computer models, drawings and specifications for fabrication of fixturing elements
- Creates 3-5 axis tool paths utilizing Unigraphics CAD/CAM software
- Provides input in production tracking software.
- Works with process engineers on planning of manufacturing process to ensure that quality and design objectives are achieved.
- Creates shop documentation for setup of the machines complying with ISO 9000 standards.
- Analyzes laser-tracking data to assure quality of the setup, when applicable.
- Works with the machinists to make sure setup and machining procedures are followed.
- Perform tool path verification using Vericut software
- General knowledge of standard G-Code language, machine offsets, and part locating
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.