It is the responsibility of the Buyer/Planner to purchase materials, supplies, equipment and services used by Janicki Industries. The Buyer/Planner is responsible for meeting cost, quality and delivery goals and providing the highest levels of customer service; coordinating closely with the Materials, Operations, Engineering and Quality functions to ensure Suppliers meet or exceed Janicki Industries Quality and Delivery Objectives. The Buyer/Planner is responsible for interfacing with materials and operations teams to manage and plan inventory levels.
- Generates purchase orders, maintains data and coordinates payment in ERP system
- Provides outstanding levels of customer service
- Interfaces with the Materials and Operations teams to manage and plan inventory levels
- Interfaces with the Quality team to manage supplier quality issues
- Negotiates best prices and terms for materials and services
- Ensures processes comply with AS9100 quality requirements
- Ensures contract terms are adhered to and deliverables met
- Interfaces with internal customers on supplier issues
- Responsible for maintaining effective relationships with strategic suppliers and monitoring performance
- Manages significant bid packages from inception to contract award to maximize total value
- Develops, implements and manages vendor managed inventory programs
- Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Performs other duties as assigned