The Automation Engineer manages the production processes associated with Janicki’s 5-axis mills, laser tracker systems, NC programming software, inspection software, and other applications. This includes: basic research and development, process optimization, design and testing duties in an AS9100 Certified facility supporting manufacturing of high tolerance, high value aerospace components.
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for becoming the technical expert on machining processes our Washington facilities. Must demonstrate self motivationself-motivation, ownership, and innovation through past experience.
The following essential job functions are performed:
- Maintains an overview of production processes and facilities. Works with Management and Production personnel to develop and implement improvements for optimal results.
- Creates new production processes/procedures to better aid in the machining of high tolerance complex parts and/or resolve any negative issues that may have occurred during the production of the part.
- Conducts research and design for new manufacturing technologies. Reissues and/or reconstructs production processes in order to implement those new technologies.
- Supports legacy automation software while continuing to develop new capabilities.
- Plans and coordinates manufacturing processes on the Production Floor.
- Reviews project instructions and blueprints to obtain test specifications, procedures, objectives and test equipment and testing to obtain data for development, standardization and quality control.
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Works with Project Managers to identify and mitigate risk in the production process.
- Complies with Safety, 5S, AS9100 and Nadcap Standards and Practices.
- Develops detailed Production Build Plan packages based upon customer process specifications and engineering drawings.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts.
- Files, retrieves and maintains engineering drawings, records, revisions and updates, as needed.
- Drafts detail drawings or sketches to convey technical information.
- Maintains heightened awareness of the project schedule for each project as it moves through the value stream in order to meet key project deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of your job.