The Project Engineer is responsible for organizing and directing all activities that are carried out to successfully complete an assigned project. The incumbent directly interfaces with customers to run mid-size projects, and supports on larger projects in the design and production of composite tooling, metallic tooling, or production parts. The incumbent follows Janicki Industries procedures, standards, and expectations. Successful Project Engineer may become eligible for role advancement in the Program Management job hierarchy, with additional associated opportunities and responsibilities, at the discretion of the management team.
The following essential job functions are performed as a Project Engineer:
- Develops and executes high level and detailed project plans
- Works directly with the customer technical team to determine detailed requirements and deliverables.
- Communicates, consults with, and participates in Production and Design
- Develops and analyzes schedules and budgets
- Reports schedule progress regularly to the customer (internal/external)
- Helps to develop and release planning and purchases supplies
- Ability to perform design and drafting tasks related to the processing of a requested product
- Transforms a successful project plan into successful execution (plan, monitor, execute, close out)
- Maintains understanding of the product development and product realization processes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job.