The Level I Design Engineer – Trainee works under direct supervision of a mentor to complete their job training packet. During this time they will gain a detailed understanding and experience in Janicki Industries design procedures, standards, and expectations as well as the company’s overall operation. A mentor will guide and review the incumbent’s efforts as they support engineers in the design, engineering and construction of composite tooling, metallic tooling, or production parts. During their time as a trainee they will be restricted from releasing any engineering. A Trainee’s may become eligible for role advancement in the Design Teams Job hierarchy, upon completion of their training and the discretion of their supervisor.
The following essential job functions are performed as a Level I Design Engineer:
- Completes training per the OJT packet and as assigned by their mentor / supervisor
- Supports designs and drawings for JI projects to SOW specifications under the direct guidance and review of their mentor
- Supports miscellaneous design tasks as assigned to them
- Reports progress and reviews work regularly with a Design Engineer mentor
- Assists in coordinating designs for manufacturability review
- Completes drafting and drawing package to Janicki standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job.