Maintains facilities in good working order; makes repairs as directed by lead. Required to perform single, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Demonstrates sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
The following essential job functions are performed as a Facilities HVAC Technician:
- Troubleshoots, maintains, inspects, modifies and repairs heating, ventilation systems, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment including DX and hydronic systems and components, dust collector fans and fan motors, pumps and pump motors, electric controls, DDC and electronic control systems and associated safety, over current and other equipment protection devices
- Implements and facilitates the Energy Management System (EMS) and HVAC controls and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ); monitors and adjusts computer based EMS program for proper HVAC comfort and energy management control
- Monitors work done by outside contractors for adherence to state and federal Code Requirements and reports back to supervisor
- Performs preventive maintenance on HVAC units, Dust collection, exhaust systems, chillers etc.
- Researches, purchases and inventories equipment parts, chemicals and supplies
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service
- Assists and serves as back up to other Facilities employees
- Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with building and safety regulations.
- Logs data (Gas Usage/Climate/Humidity ETC) Adheres to JI Safety, HazMat and JI Policies
- Works well both independently, and with others
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of your job.