Operate computer-controlled machines to perform one or more machine functions on metal or plastic work pieces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Set up CNC equipment without supervision.
• Change cutting tools and adjust machine feeds and speeds as needed.
• Utilize measuring equipment used in the industry such as calipers, micrometers, height gage and other measuring equipment needed to complete work.
• Ensure all documentation is complete and correct.
• Follow work instructions and safety regulations at all times.
• Maintain equipment and work area on a daily basis in a clean and orderly condition.
• Detect and report defective equipment, materials and/or faulty operations to supervisor.
• Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
• Mentor and assist in training of student trainees
• Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of CNC equipment capability and daily maintenance
• Ability to use measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers and other inspection gauges
• Skill in performing mid-level math skills efficiently and accurately (including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, fraction and decimals)
• Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment, and dealing with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
• Ability to take direction from lead and supervisor to complete assigned tasks
• Ability to communicate information clearly and directly co-workers and supervisory personnel
both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to adapt to change (positive or negative)
• Ability to accept of criticism and deal calmly and effectively with stressful situations
• Ability to identify, organize, estimate, and recognize differences or similarities with excellent attention to detail
• US Person Status Due to Export Control
• Ability to read work instructions and procedures in English.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
• High school diploma or equivalent
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently able to lift or move 25lbs
• Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment
• Occasional exposure to chemicals and fumes
• Constant exposure to moderate noise
• Constantly stand and walk throughout the workday
• Frequent ability to sit at work station
• Frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material
• Constant use hands/fingers to grasp, pinch, pull, feel, or handle and manipulate parts and tools
• Frequent repetitive motions
• Constant requirement of specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
• Constantly wear eye protection (Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required).
Constant Frequent Occasional
(5-8 hrs./shift) (2-5 hrs./shift) (Up to 2 hrs./shift)
WFDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit our website for application: https://www.wfdcenter.org/employment- opportunities/
First Shift – M-F 630am-3pm
ABOUT Work Force Development Center
Work Force Development Center a nonprofit 501 (c)(3), is a vocational training organization specializing in preparing at-risk and disadvantaged high school juniors and seniors, for their respective journeys into the future work force. WFDC works in successful and continual partnership, providing significant outsourcing needs with several major companies in the aviation, wire harness and automotive fields. WFDC is registered ISO 9001:2015, AS9100D as well as D6-82479 Appendix A source delegated supplier.
Candidates will participate in the following three interview phases:
i. 45 minutes panel interview
ii. 30 minute written mathematical/numeracy assessment
iii. 30 minute CNC knowledge assessment
Successful finalists will be required to pass a drug/alcohol screening within 48 hours of notification to be considered for the position.