The Project/Surplus Materials Technician is responsible for receiving, inventorying, and distributing project materials across all manufacturing sites.
- Maintains inventory status of project material receipt and issuance
- Receives, inventories, and distributes parts for various project
- Communicates material status to Project Managers and Cell Managers
- Routes materials to appropriate cells for use
- Becomes Janicki Certified Forklift (as separate Certifications)
- Identifies possible material shortages and works to correct and prevent work stoppages
- Prepares material kits per drawings, work orders, and parts lists
- Maintains traceability records of material issuance to kits as required
- Establishes and implements material management plans to effectively organize and distribute materials to technicians
- Trains (as needed) additional cross functioning focal, to record, inventory and distribute parts on swing shift
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to their supervisor
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition while following prescribed safety regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job.
U.S. PERSON STATUS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY REQUIRED DUE TO ACCESS TO SENSITIVE DATA AND OUR COVERAGE UNDER EAR AND ITAR REGULATIONS.
- High school diploma or GED preferred, with short specialized training equivalent to four years of high school
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Must be familiar with and able to use common hand and power tools
- Must be able to operate an overhead crane
- Analyzes with attention to detail
- Organizes and manages time
- Learns, grows, and adapts in a highly energized, fast paced environment
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to excellence
- Demonstrates comprehensive PC skills, including MS Office (Excel/Access/Word/PowerPoint); Capability to learn and use new systems
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
Computer, printer, fax machine, phone, forklift, overhead crane, hand truck, various hand tools, calipers, micrometers, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
Must be able to lift heavy materials. Exposed to noise, dust, dirt, and paint fumes; position requires the use of personal protective equipment due to hazards relevant to eyes, ears, skin and lungs. Incumbent must be comfortable working within confined spaces and at various heights.
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran/Drug Free Employer.