The Engineering Lab Technician assists Engineering or Quality staff with testing, prototype building, or other activities relating to product development, improvement, or quality. Work may include product testing, inspection of vended and or internally produced products, preparation of material for testing, maintaining the cleanliness of the test lab and performing finishing work on 3D printed parts. Work assignments are directed and varied, but limited in scope and complexity. Long periods of unsupervised work will be common. Supervision will vary depending on the Engineering or Quality staff in charge of the assigned project.
1. Verify that all safety inspections are conducted daily or as needed in the test lab.
2. Conduct tests to evaluate existing and new products. This will include working with Engineering and or Quality staff to set up the test/evaluation, conducting the test, recording data, and providing observations detailing the test results.
3. Enter testing data into Product Test Report Database (PTR).
4. Conduct inspections of product through visual inspection and or testing.
5. Setup and preform product demonstrations for tours.
6. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain a state of order and cleanliness in the test lab.
2. Provide support to the Receiving Department. This will include inspecting incoming receiving material, operating a fork lift/reach truck, unloading trucks, entering receivables into the log and supporting departments throughout the plant.
3. Help out the Quality Assurance Department by running tests, conducting tension/load tests, performing Rockwell hardness tests, logging data into the test Database, obtaining Calibration updates for tools, filing, etc.
4. Quickly change project priorities and project schedules based on the needs of the Director of Engineering.
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
3. Able to use safety equipment and power tools such as the overhead crane, skill saw, impact wrenches, gas powered cut off saw, etc.
4. Able to work in a hands-on capacity demonstrating good safety practices and common sense
5. Able to do repetitive work for prolonged periods of time.
6. Able to take accurate measurements with calipers, dial torque wrenches, outside diameter tape, micrometers, and other measuring tools.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Completion of a formal technical program.
2. Previous experience in a similar role.
3. Experience operating a fork lift and/or reach truck.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.