With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of composite materials and industrial fabrics. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking an Autoclave Operator for our Kent, WA, USA location.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Set up and operate autoclaves and auxiliary equipment to cure and bond metallic and non-metallic aircraft parts and assemblies according to specifications.
- Read and interpret shop orders and authorization documents to determine bonding process specifications.
- Select parts and assemblies for simultaneous bonding, based on similarity of processing requirements and autoclave capacity.
- Arrange jigs and fixtures containing parts and assemblies on bonding racks and positions racks in autoclave, manually or using equipment, such as hoist, forklift, or tow.
- Inspect general condition of parts and assemblies, examines positioning of parts and assemblies in jigs and fixtures, and verifies that vacuum bag installation conforms to specifications prior to bonding.
- Connect thermocouples and vacuum lines to fittings on jigs and fixtures and inside autoclave.
- Adjust manual controls or enters commands in computerized control panel to regulate and activate autoclave power supply, cooling system, vacuum, heat, and pressure gauges and recorders, and to close interlocking autoclave doors.
• Monitor instruments, switches, and recorders and listens for warning signals during autoclave operation to ensure conformance to specifications, and modifies or aborts process as required.
• Maintain manual or computerized autoclave processing records.
• Operate curing ovens to cure and bond parts.
• Evaluate to suggest method or procedure for improved operations to supervision or liaison personnel.
• Discuss loading, unloading, and operation of autoclaves and auxiliary equipment with other operators and workers to ensure safety of individuals working in and around high-pressure autoclaves.
• Clean tools in preparation of layup operations.
• High School Diploma (or GED equivalent) REQUIRED
• Twelve (12) months experience working with autoclaves and ovens with a demonstrated increase in responsibility including work with I/Os, valves, vacuum ports, and thermal couples. (Classroom experience counts)
• Must obtain the required internal OV Certification within the specified time limits.
• Must be proactive, self-motivated and able to work efficiently with minimal direction or supervision.
• Ability to become proficient in several job assignments as identified by Hexcel Management
• Ability to read and follow planning to select correct cure recipes and become familiar with customer specifications
• Must work well with others in a team environment
• Understand and comply with safety guidelines associated with all job assignments
• Able to move freely around the facility and workstation, stoop, bend, kneel, stand and walk for extended periods of time up to and over 8 hours a day
• Able to read, interpret and communicate internal and customer documents
• Must acquire and maintain company Standup forklift, Sit-down forklift, Tug and Combi lift certification
• Have a solid work history, proven ability to work with minimal supervision, and a positive attitude about safety.
• Excellent attendance required.
• Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook email.
• Strong reading and analytical skills.
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.