Responsible for Final, In process and Setup/First Part inspections in accordance to WFDC’s ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D procedures, work instructions, training/certifications and customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide First Article, First Part, In Process and Final inspection per the customer’s requirements stated in the Work Order, drawings, parts list requirements, BAC specifications and other job-related documentation.
- Responsible for initiating and recommending corrective action plans and assist management in developing policies and procedures which assures all areas of meeting goals, projections and producing quality products.
- Process and instruct others in customer required documentation for completed or disposition a product as required-Squawk, Replacement Parts Authorization, Defective Parts Tag, Boeing P-Copy, WFDC Work Order, Job Set-up Checklist, Customer Disposition and Daily Production Report.
- Ensure that all assembly work is correctly documented and processed as defined by ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D procedures and work instructions.
- Document all deviations that interfere with the acceptance of assembled product.
- Responsible to use and instruct the proper use of the appropriate inspection equipment based on product configuration and tolerances to ensure quality.
- Notify the Director of Quality Assurance of all inspection equipment calibrations, equipment recalls and/or other problems.
- Utilize production work orders and documents.
- Ensure all documentation is complete and correct.
- Identify root causes and corrective action for quality problems.
- Maintain equipment and work area on a daily basis in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assure machined/assembled/formed parts meet the drawing, document and customer requirements
- Follow prescribed work rules and standard safety regulations at all times.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Dimensional inspection of assemblies and components, including aircraft hardware standards
- Initiate rejection tags and/or Non-Conformance Reports as necessary
- Have/develop a working knowledge of WFDC’s Quality system and related procedures
- Has a working knowledge of non-conforming materials procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Skill in performing mid-level math skills efficiently and accurately (including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, fraction and decimals)
- Ability to use measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers and other inspection gauges
- Ability to take direction from supervisor to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to communicate information clearly and directly co-workers and supervisory personnel both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to adapt to change (positive or negative)
- Ability to accept of criticism and deal calmly and effectively with stressful situations
- Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment, and dealing with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Ability to discern all colors of the spectrum (ROYGBIV)
- Thorough understanding of aerospace and commercial drawings, parts lists and associated documents
- Familiarity with aerospace requirements for assembly components and assembly procedures
- Familiarity with Boeing Aerospace Company specifications including substitution lists
- Use of basic measuring equipment including Optical Comparator and Coordinate Measuring Machine
- Basic familiarity with Windows based PCs and related applications, especially MS Office
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- US Person Status Due to Export Control
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college or trade school preferred
- Two or more years of aerospace manufacturing experience required
- QA, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) or machine part dimensional inspector experience preferred
- Ability to read work instructions and procedures in English.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently able to lift or move up to 25lbs
- Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment
- Occasional exposure to chemicals and fumes
- Constant exposure to moderate noise
- Constantly stand and walk throughout the workday
- Frequent ability to sit at work station
- Frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material
- Constant use hands/fingers to grasp, pinch, pull, feel, or handle and manipulate parts and tools
- Frequent repetitive motions
- Constant requirement of specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
- Constantly wear eye protection (Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required).
Constant - (5-8 hrs./shift)
Frequent - (2-5 hrs./shift)
Occasional -(Up to 2 hrs./shift)
-10 paid days off annually (15 days in year 5); 8 paid holidays/year after probationary period
-Employees pay only $22/month for full medical, vision, prescription benefits
-403(b) employer match up to 5% of annual salary
-Employer paid education benefits for job related training
To apply, go to our website to download application. Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful finalists will be required to pass a drug/alcohol screening within 48 hours of notification to be considered for the position.
Wage: $18+/hour depending on experience
To apply, go to our website http://www.wfdcenter.org/employment-opportunities to download application. Email completed application to email@example.com
About Work Force Development Center
Work Force Development Center a nonprofit 501 (c)(3), is a vocational training organization specializing in preparing at-risk and disadvantaged high school juniors and seniors, for their respective journeys into the future work force. WFDC works in successful and continual partnership, providing significant outsourcing needs with several major companies in the aviation, wire harness and automotive fields. WFDC is registered ISO 9001:2015, AS9100D.