The Ultrasonic Level II Technician performs calibrations, testing, and evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations according to written instructions and record results. Level II Technicians are qualified to set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications. Level II Technicians are thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method of NDT being used and should exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance of Assistants and Level I Technicians. Level II Technicians organize and report results of NDT.
The NDE Level II performs the following duties:
- Set up and calibrate nondestructive testing
- Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using NDT methods of inspection using A-scan, B-scan and C-scan Methods.
- Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results.
- Organize and report test
- Perform specialized
- May instruct and supervise
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned by
- Interface daily with management about work priorities and progress of projects
- Work closely with management to identify and remove obstacles
- Actively participate in client safety initiatives, incident investigations
U.S. PERSON STATUS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION. PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY REQUIRED DUE TO ACCESS TO SENSITIVE DATA AND OUR COVERAGE UNDER EAR AND ITAR REGULATIONS.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- NDT Level II Certification per NAS 410 in Ultrasonics
- RT Certification is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks and interpret results of inspections.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Prior experience with composite materials is required
- Specific Skills
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional safety and quality awareness
- Mechanical aptitude
- Adaptable to changing schedules
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Working conditions are normal for a production floor environment. Work may require weekend and, or off-shift work. May require travel within the US and internationally.
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.